Everyone these days is worrying about the downturn in the economy. In the February Study Group Reading by the Guides through Ron Scolastico, a subscriber asks about prosperity and the economy. As I listened to the Guides’ answer, I was inspired to make some notes about five factors of spiritual abundance and stability.
1. Fear – First and foremost, address the fears. What are your worst fears? As the Guides say, wallow in them, talk about them, and then release them.
2. Facts – Assess the truth of your life. What is your current situation factually? Do you have a job? Do you need a job? Do you have resources? Can you continue to work beyond retirement if you want to? Separate the fears from the facts.
3. Focus – Plan your next steps. If you need help, reach out to your friends and allies. What will you do today, tomorrow? What can you do to enhance what you already do? Where can you cut back? How can you be creative? If you do not need to make any changes to your own financial situation, where and how could you help someone else in need?
4. Faith – Here is where you use the spiritual tools at your disposal and tell yourself the higher truths. Use whatever affirmative statements inspire you, such as: “I am an eternal soul, temporarily living a human life. Nothing can damage my being.” Another one I like is: “God is my source and my supply.” Turn your attention to the beauty of nature, or to people you love to soothe your heart.
5. Future – Begin to envision what you want to see in your own personal life and in the world. This is a time of reassessing what true wealth means. Refuse to participate in the mass “negative hypnosis” that the Guides speak about in the Study Group answer. Develop a feeling of expansiveness rather than contraction. Spend from your boundless inner wealth, sharing your love and yourself with others.
And always remember to put one foot in front of the other and take the practical action steps that are needed to manage and maintain your life in the physical world.
If you are not a member of the Study Group, the Readings are a great source of inspiration, delivered each month digitally, or as a CD or printed transcript. If you would like to become a subscriber, I will include the February Reading with any new subscription. Follow the link to learn more. You can read the questions that were asked this month here.